Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dog Days of Summer in "P"-town

Well yesterday I took Buddha to the Portland Saturday Market. It was tons of fun.
It was so hot, I think it topped out around 100. ... Too bloody hot. 

We ended up parking on the East side of the river and walked over. 
-"Good idea, Bad idea." It was a nice walk, ... but the homeless came out from the shade, and wanted to pet Buddha. It kind of hard to say no when their already down on the ground petting him. At least they didn't hit me up for money. 

We finally made it to the market where he found a water bowl and drank everything up. 
and then I saw one of the many public fountain down in that area. I took Buddha over and splashed some water on him, he was so happy to cool down.  but he was still so hot, so i looked around and said, .. heck with it, "I'm in Portland and anything weird goes". So I picked him up and tossed him in the fountain. It was quite funny, I got a huge cheer of the surrounding crowed, and everyone laughed and then grabbed their dogs and put them in. 
"Oh, My happy little Buddha". I had so many people come up and hand me dog treats, it was crazy. 

We walked around for a few hours, until it was so hot that Buddha couldn't walk because the ground was so hot, poor guy. We ran from shady spot, to the next shady spot. 
Over all we both had a great day! 

Tired Hot Wet Dog 
 
Here are a few I snapped while walking over the Hawthorn Bridge.  
I love this one for the fact that I was able to catch the girl on her bike.


No comments: